You’re wanting to build a new home but the initial process feels daunting–how do you start?
1. Consultation Preparation
You have finally decided to start your dreams of building your own home. Before meeting with City Hill Homes, we recommend that you complete a few steps prior to the meeting.
- Create your wish list through the City Hill Homes website HERE.
- Establish a budget along with a time frame of when you might be ready to begin building.
- Email us a link to your home Pinterest board for us to get a better understanding of your ideas.
2. Consultation Meeting
During the consultation meeting we will discuss the goals for your home. This will include going over your wish list, budget, lot, etc. This meeting is great to determine if City Hill Homes is the builder for you. We know that building a home is a big investment; furthermore, we want to make sure we are the right fit! Following the consultation meeting, we will set up individual meetings to finalize your budget, design, lot, and floor plan.
3. Floor Plans
While creating your plan, customization is key. How does your family live? Do you need a great room, 5 bedrooms, and a large kitchen?
You are in control of this number–splurge on what makes you happy + cut back on the things you don’t care about. Do you have to have a screened in porch? Great! Make that a non-negotiable. Furthermore, City Hill Homes offers a cost + model ensures that you know exactly how much your home costs. Total transparency. You know exactly how much money you are paying for material + labor because you approve the budget! You have the freedom to change anything you want, at any time.
You will then choose your finishes. With City Hill Homes, you choose everything. We recommend using City Hill Design, our sister company, if you are overwhelmed. They will offer special prices for being a City Hill Homes customer.
We will meet consistently throughout the building process to ensure your needs are being met, along with checking the construction side of things.
1. Pre Construction – During the Pre Construction meeting, we will make any final adjustments to your floor plan.
2. Electrical Walk – Following the beginning stages of the home construction, we will walk through your home with the electrician and make decisions regarding lighting. This will include how many cans you want in a certain area or where your light fixtures will go.
3. Pre Drywall – We will meet prior to drywall to confirm the placement of walls and make any last minute adjustments.
4. Trim Walk – Following the drywall meeting, we will meet to discuss trim. We will make decisions on lockers, closets, etc.
5. Punch Walk – At this stage, your dream home is almost ready! During this walk, we will document anything that needs to be finished before closing. This might include paint retouches, etc.
6. Final Walk Through – We are one step from being done! During this meeting, we will make sure everything from the Punch Walk is completed.